More Than 30 Years Of Finding Solutions To Our Clients’ Problems

  1. Home
  2.  → 
  3. Practice Areas
  4.  → 
  5. Family Law
  6.  → Post-Decree Modifications

Providing Help For Child Support Modifications

After an initial order has been entered by the court detailing the guidelines that govern your child custody and child support arrangements, these orders must be followed. However, it is possible to seek a modification to these types of orders through the same court system that established the initial orders.

If you need assistance in seeking the modification of a child support or child custody order, turn to the Law Office of Christina D. Hills, PLC, in Monroe, Michigan. We strive to help clients address their modification issues as efficiently and effectively as possible. Attorney Christina D. Hills has more than 30 years of experience handling a wide range of family law matters, including divorce and child custody modifications.To discuss your modifications with child-focused attorney Christina D. Hills at our office during a free consultation, contact us today.

Child Support Modification

After an order for child support has been issued, it is up to each parent to enlist legal counsel if they believe that the amount of child support being paid needs to be modified for any reason. It is important that any change in income or other circumstances of either parent be taken into consideration when seeking a child support modification. I provide clients with child support modification representation, whether they are seeking the reduction of the amount that they are paying or are seeking an increase in the amount of child support that they are receiving.

Parenting Time And Child Custody Modification

It is possible to make changes to a child custody or parenting time order. However, without proper cause, the arrangement may stay as it has been ordered. We can assess our clients’ cases, walk them through the process of seeking a modification to a child custody order and explain situations where a modification may or may not be granted.

When a custodial parent wants to move out of state with his or her child, the child custody order must be modified. These situations are often referred to as a relocation. Though this is possible, it is important that the proper legal steps are taken to ensure that the relocation is completed in accordance with any standing custody order or modifications that are made to that order. We can represent parents on either side of this issue: those attempting to relocate and those trying to block a relocation.

Contact An Attorney For Help With Modifications

Our firm can assist you in navigating the legal system in order to seek a modification to the standing family court orders that may be applicable in your situation. Contact our Michigan office today and schedule your free initial consultation and case evaluation.

Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express accepted.